The Old Town is built on the steeply sloping land from the Castle down to the Harbour. Streets are typically build either down the slope (eg Castlegate) or across the slope (eg Longwestgate and Princess Street). Interludes is a 2 Star Listed building about 220 years old.
Princess Street is a narrow residential street with double yellow lines on both sides. Stopping for a short time to unload is legal but please park close to our gate to avoid blocking neighbours' access. We will give you a scratchcard which will entitle you to unrestricted parking in the adjacent streets. We do not have a car park of our own.
There are two steps up from the pavement to a sloping path and a further six step to bring you to the door step.
*The front door and inner door are single opening doors.
* On the ground floor there is the dining room, office and kitchen.
* We do not have any ground floor bedrooms or the facility of a lift.
* Help will always be offered with luggage.
* There is no public payphone.
* There is a bell at the foot of the stairs to alert the owners in the event of an emergency during the night - this area is always lit.
* Telephone numbers for doctors are available.
The lounge is up two flights each of eight steps which are 18cms high and 28cms deep.
From the first floor to the second floor is a further two flights each of eight steps which are 18cms high and 28cms deep. On the second floor 'Festival' bedroom has a full bathroom en-suite and and 'Hippodrome' bedroom has an en-suite shower / WC.
From the second floor to the third floor is a further two flights each of eight steps which are 18cms high and 28cms deep. On the third floor 'Odeon' and 'Wyndhams' bedrooms both have an en-suite shower / WC.
Please inform us of any special needs or disabilities that you may have in order for us to meet any personal requirements.